To obtain hitched in Nova Scotia, you must have a wedding Licence before you’ve got a married relationship ceremony. The licence is legitimate for a couple of months through the date it is granted.
You’ll want a wedding Licence to have hitched in Nova Scotia. The licence is needed by you just before have actually a wedding ceremony.
Having a wedding licence does not suggest you’re married. This means you’re permitted to get hitched. The licence is legitimate for a couple of months through the date it is released.
You are able to go with a spiritual or ceremony that is civil.
A spiritual agent of one’s option may perform the spiritual ceremony. The needs that are representative be registered with Vital Statistics.
A justice associated with comfort or judge may perform the civil ceremony if they’re registered with Vital Statistics.
You must have 2 folks who are at the very least 16 years old witness the ceremony.
Certification of marriage
during the time of the ceremony, your spiritual agent, justice associated with the comfort or judge can give you a memento certification. This document is certainly not proof that is legal of.
After a wedding is registered, you are able to make an application for a marriage that is official, which can be appropriate evidence of wedding.
Engaged and getting married outside Nova Scotia
If you are likely to get hitched away from Nova Scotia, you will need to contact the jurisdiction where in fact the marriage service will need spot for registration and licensing needs.
You will get married in Nova Scotia if you’re 19 or older rather than presently hitched. You’ll need a finalized permission type if you’re 17 or 18. You can’t get hitched if you’re 16 or russian brides more youthful.
Both individuals engaged and getting married have to finish the Marriage Licence Application and Affidavit Form. The Affidavit Form should be witnessed by an authorized representative. If both ongoing events aren’t open to use in individual, contact Vital Statistics. It is possible to make an application for a licence and acquire married in Nova Scotia even though you don’t are now living in the province.
Simple tips to apply
- Browse Access Nova Scotia or perhaps an issuer that is deputy of Licences in your community.
- Complete the application kind form you are given by them.
- Look at the application for information on all required supporting papers.
- Include payment along with your application.
- Provide your finished application, supporting papers and re re re payment towards the Deputy Issuer.
- The Deputy Issuer gives you a wedding Licence.
- Provide your wedding Licence to your spiritual agent, justice associated with comfort or judge prior to the marriage service.
The length of time it requires
The licence should be got by you straight away. It could take more time if extra information will become necessary or if your type hasn’t been filled in precisely.
Re re Payment choices
Visa, MasterCard, United states Express, debit card, cheque, cash purchase, money. a cheque or cash order should really be made payable to your Minister of Finance. Re re re Payment choices can vary according to the way you use.
Be sure you have actually:
- finalized bit of government-issued recognition and evidence of age for both individuals engaged and getting married
- evidence of divorce or separation if either individual getting married is divorced (Certificate of Divorce or Decree Absolute), together with the affidavit
- evidence of death if either individual getting married is widowed
- written permission of one’s moms and dads or guardians, if needed (the Deputy Issuer gets the required forms that are consent
Connect with get hitched at a Registry workplace
You and your partner must attend an interview and lodge a Notice of Intended Marriage if you intend to get married at a Registry Office, at least a month before the ceremony. The Notice continues to be legitimate for as much as 1 . 5 years.
You are able to lodge your Notice and book a consultation to wait a job interview at:
- Chippendale Registry Workplace
- Parramatta Registry Workplace
- Wollongong Provider Centre.
- The age that is marriageable 18 years. If somebody, perhaps not yet 18, wants to marry just before their birthday that is 18th a court empowered to offer a ‘Section 12’ order will give authority for the wedding to be solemnised.
- 2 individuals aged under 18 years aren’t allowed to marry one another.
- A Notice of Intended wedding are lodged before the eighteenth birthday celebration, so long as the wedding happens following the birthday celebration.
Things you need
- the PDF kinds:
- ‘Notice of Intended Marriage’
‘Registry Marriage & Certificate Application’.
Note: Photocopies of documents are not accepted.
Just how to use
- Check out the eligibility needs.
- Download and complete: a. Notice of Intended Marriage – PDFb. Registry Marriage & Certificate Application – PDF.
- Gather together the documentation that is necessary.
- Find the ‘Book a consultation’ switch.
- Go into the needed information.
- Go to your chosen registry workplace or your Wollongong Service Centre visit.
- Lodge your Notice and applications with payment, and verify the time and date when it comes to ceremony.
- A Notice of Intended Marriage is legitimate for as much as 18 months.
- The lodgement cost is non-refundable.
- If you want assist in making plans for your Registry wedding ceremony, complete the wedding that is online kind, together with Registry can get in contact with you.
Re Payment practices
It is possible to review deal re re payment choices on our re payment methods web page.